Your gift will help change lives one child and family at a time!
$40 will provide food for George and Teddy,
on-site therapy dogs who provide much
love and comfort.
$111 will provide one hour of Outpatient
treatment for a child or family.
$200 will provide clothing and personal care
items for one of the 12 boys in our
Therapeutic Group Home.
$555 will provide art,therapy, and school
supplies for Therapists to use with
children participating in treatment.
$1,000 will provide snacks and dinner for
a month for children participating in the
Extended Day Treatment Program.
Thank you for your support!
More children are struggling with mental health issues today than ever before. In fact, behavioral and emotional disorders affect thousands of children right here in our community. And it is a sad truth that two-thirds of these kids never receive the help they need.
The good news is that treatment does work for those who receive it.
Child Guidance Center is dedicated to providing child-centered, family-focused mental health services in Lincoln. Utilizing a combination of unique programs and proven strategies to meet every individual's needs, we serve more than 2,000 children and adolescents each year.
The services we provide are available to all youth throughout the community, regardless of financial ability.
Last Minute Ideas for Getting Involved in National Volunteer Month
Posted on 04/28/2014
Happy National Volunteer Month! April might be coming to a close, but there’s still plenty of time to get involved with a worthy cause. Here are some ideas for making a big difference in 4 hours or less:
- Play a game! Some sites will donate to important causes when you play to learn languages or do crossword puzzles.
- Save lives by signing up to be an organ donor online.
- Change up your search engine. Some will donate to nonprofits every time you browse the web.
- Clean out your cupboards and donate extra clothes and non-perishable food.
- While you’re at it, hunt down your old cellphones and find somewhere to donate them.
- Lace up your sneakers. Download an app that donates to charities for every mile you walk, run, or bike and get fit for a cause.
- Volunteer to be a reader for children at your local library.
- Grab some friends, get out some gloves and garbage bags and head to the park to pick up trash.
- Save several lives by donating blood at the Red Cross.
- Visit a nursing home. The residents will be delighted to have company.
- Volunteer to help serve at a soup kitchen.
- Go to the animal shelter for a fun afternoon of playing with the cats and dogs.
NEW CGC Program - Parenting
For more information about our Parenting Program click here!