Your gift will help change lives one child and family at a time!
$40 will provide food for George and Teddy,
on-site therapy dogs who provide much
love and comfort.
$111 will provide one hour of Outpatient
treatment for a child or family.
$200 will provide clothing and personal care
items for one of the 12 boys in our
Therapeutic Group Home.
$555 will provide art,therapy, and school
supplies for Therapists to use with
children participating in treatment.
$1,000 will provide snacks and dinner for
a month for children participating in the
Extended Day Treatment Program.
Thank you for your support!
More children are struggling with mental health issues today than ever before. In fact, behavioral and emotional disorders affect thousands of children right here in our community. And it is a sad truth that two-thirds of these kids never receive the help they need.
The good news is that treatment does work for those who receive it.
Child Guidance Center is dedicated to providing child-centered, family-focused mental health services in Lincoln. Utilizing a combination of unique programs and proven strategies to meet every individual's needs, we serve more than 2,000 children and adolescents each year.
The services we provide are available to all youth throughout the community, regardless of financial ability.
Cinco Reasons Why You Should Be Volunteering
Posted on 05/05/2014
There are countless reasons why you should volunteer, but it seems like there’s an equal number of excuses not to. Between work, family and other daily obligations, it’s a challenge to find extra time to give away.
But ultimately, the benefits of volunteering greatly outweigh any time constraints you might have. The biggest reason, of course, is that it gives you the opportunity to help others in need. But in honor of the 5/5 holiday, Cinco de Mayo, here are 5 other reasons why you should start donating your time:
1. It can be tied to something that you’re passionate about. Whether you’ve lost a family member to cancer or feel strongly about providing shelter and medical care to abused pets, you’ll be able to find an organization with a cause that’s close to your heart.
2. It helps build your resume. Several employers and schools look favorably upon people who have spent time volunteering. It’s also a great way to fill in time gaps when you’re in between jobs.
3. It allows you to learn new things. Have you always wanted to give graphic design a try, but never had the opportunity? Volunteering is a great way to explore new skills and test out your knack for things outside of your job.
4. It reduces stress. Focusing on others instead of yourself has been scientifically proven to reduce stress and make you happier. And who doesn’t want that?
5. It’s fun! You’ll get to meet great new people while doing meaningful things. Volunteering is a blast.
NEW CGC Program - Parenting
For more information about our Parenting Program click here!