Your gift will help change lives one child and family at a time!
$40 will provide food for George and Teddy,
on-site therapy dogs who provide much
love and comfort.
$111 will provide one hour of Outpatient
treatment for a child or family.
$200 will provide clothing and personal care
items for one of the 12 boys in our
Therapeutic Group Home.
$555 will provide art,therapy, and school
supplies for Therapists to use with
children participating in treatment.
$1,000 will provide snacks and dinner for
a month for children participating in the
Extended Day Treatment Program.
Thank you for your support!
More children are struggling with mental health issues today than ever before. In fact, behavioral and emotional disorders affect thousands of children right here in our community. And it is a sad truth that two-thirds of these kids never receive the help they need.
The good news is that treatment does work for those who receive it.
Child Guidance Center is dedicated to providing child-centered, family-focused mental health services in Lincoln. Utilizing a combination of unique programs and proven strategies to meet every individual's needs, we serve more than 2,000 children and adolescents each year.
The services we provide are available to all youth throughout the community, regardless of financial ability.
United Nations Nelson Mandela Day
Posted on 07/13/2015
July 18 is United Nations Nelson Mandela Day, a day dedicated to the former President of South Africa promoting peace, civil liberties and freedom. July 18 is Nelson Mandela’s birthday, and he remained loyal to civil rights cause throughout his life. For 67 years, he was a human rights lawyer, prisoner of conscience, international peacemaker and the first democratically-elected South African president. Nelson Mandela promoted and fought for equality and peace in South Africa, as well as throughout the world. Encourage a little peace in your life and remember these authentic quotes said by Nelson Mandela:
- “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.”
- “There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”
- “It always seems impossible until it's done."
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
- “And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.”
- “It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.”