All children deserve a chance.
Not just any chance, but a true opportunity
To have a childhood.
To reach their fullest potential.
More children are struggling with mental health issues today than ever before. In fact, behavioral and emotional disorders affect thousands of children right here in our community. And it is a sad truth that two-thirds of these kids never receive the help they need.
The good news is that treatment does work for those who receive it.
Child Guidance Center is dedicated to providing child-centered, family-focused mental health services in Lincoln. Utilizing a combination of unique programs and proven strategies to meet every individual's needs, we serve more than 2,000 children and adolescents each year.
The services we provide are available to all youth throughout the community, regardless of financial ability.
Simple Ways to Save Water
Posted on 07/20/2015
Water is a precious, limited resource that should be used wisely. The earth has its natural cycles of drought and flood, but water has become scarce and many regions are calling upon its citizens to save water in any way possible. If you’ve been following current events, you may have heard California is in an emergency drought state. You can do your little part, which will create ripple effects. Here are 10 ways to conserve water:
- Don’t water your lawn.
- Take 10 minute showers.
- Construct a rainwater basin in your backyard.
- Invest in water conservation high-efficiency appliances.
- Cook food with as little water as possible.
- Put decorative water fountains on a timer.
- Use the garbage disposal sparingly.
- Instead of building a private pool, join a community pool.
- Play less water-involved activities, like a water balloon fight.
- Spread the water-conservation word.